Poppy Trust Funds
Your contributions directly support Canada’s Veterans and their families, while ensuring Canada never forgets.
Use of Poppy Trust Funds
Through your donations to the Legion Poppy Fund, the Legion provides
financial assistance and support to Veterans, including Canadian Armed
Forces and RCMP, and their families who are in need. Poppy Funds may be
- Grants for food, heating costs, clothing, prescription medication,
medical appliances and equipment, essential home repairs and emergency
shelter or assistance for Veterans and their families in need
- Housing accommodation and care facilities for Veterans
- Funding for Veteran Transition Programs that are directly related to
the training, education and support needs of Veterans and their
- Comforts for Veterans and their surviving spouses who are hospitalized and in need
- Veterans visits, transportation, reading programs and day trips
- Accessibility modifications to assist Veterans with disabilities
- Educational bursaries for children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren of Veterans
- Support of cadet units
- Community drop-in centres, meals-on-wheels, and seniors services in communities where Veterans would benefit
- Community medical appliances, medical training and medical research which will assist in the care of Veterans in the community
- Support the work of Legion Command and Branch Service Officers across Canada in assisting and representing Veterans
- Donations for relief of disasters declared by federal or provincial governments which impact Veteran in those communities
- Promotion and administering of Remembrance activities to ensure Canadians never forget the sacrifices of Canada’s Veterans
Poppy Trust Fund Administration
The Poppy Campaign is organized and run by local Legion volunteers at
over 1400 branches across Canada and abroad. Poppy Funds are held in
trust at every level of the Legion and the use of these trust funds are
strictly controlled, with appropriate approval processes. Branch
executives are accountable for Poppy Fund expenditures and are required
to inform the public through local media of the results of their
campaign, including contributions received and disposition of funds. You
may contact your local Legion branch to request information on their Poppy Campaign.
Details on the Poppy Trust Fund can be found in the Legion`s Poppy Manual.
Supporting Veterans Every Day
Thank you for your donations to the Poppy Fund. Through your generosity, the Legion helps all of Canada’s Veterans.
Did you know you can support Veterans year-round by becoming a member of the Legion? Join today!