Thomas D. Irvine, CD
Immediate Past Dominion President
Tom Irvine is Vice-Chair of the Dominion Command Royal Commonwealth Ex-Services League Committee, and a member of other operational committees. He is a Director of the Canvet Publications Board of Directors which guides the production of Legion Magazine. Tom also serves as Vice-Chair of the Legion National Foundation.
Tom first joined the Ormstown #196 Branch in 1988 and is currently a life member of the Hemmingford #244 Branch in Quebec. Over the years, he has held various elected positions at both Quebec Command and Dominion Command levels.
- Elected as President of Dominion Command in 2018.
- Elected as First Vice President of Dominion Command in 2016.
- Past Chair of the Dominion Command Membership Committee.
- Chairman of Dominion Command from 2004-2014.
- Served in several positions over 10 years at Quebec Command including as a Provincial Vice-Chair and three terms as Provincial Chairman. He is also a past Provincial Vice-President.
- Awarded the Life Membership Award in 2012, and the Meritorious Service Medal in 2019.
- Awarded the Queen Elizabeth II Golden and Diamond Jubilee medals in 2002 and 2012.
- Awarded the Sovereign’s Medal for Volunteers in 2019.
- Military experience includes serving with the Reserves in the Black Watch (Royal Highland Regiment) of Canada for 23 years, and joining a peacekeeping tour in Egypt with the United Nations Emergency Force (UNEF 2) in 1975.
- Retired from TD Canada Trust in 2004.
- Past Master of Argyle-Elgin Lodge #7 GRQ and member of Montreal’s Black Watch Association.
- Enjoys walking and public speaking. Alongside wife Paulette, is father of four children and has five grandchildren.