Dominion First Vice-President
Owen Parkhouse is Chair of the Dominion Command Membership Committee and the Centenary Committee, and Vice-Chair of the Veterans, Service and Seniors Committee and the Dominion Convention Committee. He is a member of several other operational committees. Owen is also Chair of the Board that governs Canvet Publications, which produces Legion Magazine.
A long time Legion supporter, having joined almost 20 years ago, he is currently a member of Branch #26 in Morell, Prince Edward Island.
- Elected First Vice-President, 2021.
- Elected Dominion Vice President, in 2018.
- Vice-President of PEI Provincial Command.
- Provincial representative for the Legion’s Operational Stress Injury Special Section.
- Board member of The Last Post Fund.
- Member of the Royal Commonwealth Society.
- Served in the Canadian Armed Forces in various capacities for 25 years.
- Awarded the Chief of Defence Staff Commendation in 2000.
- Awarded the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Medal in 2012.
- Former Peer Support Coordinator for the Operational Stress Injury Support program for PEI.
- Former Deputy Chair of the Veterans Review and Appeal Board.
- Educational experience includes a degree in Political Science from the University of King’s College, a Master’s degree in International Relations from Dalhousie University and a Diploma in National Security and Strategic Studies from the United States Naval War College.
- Born in Montréal, he now considers Prince Edward Island home. He is an IBC (Islander by Choice) and lives with his wife, Elizabeth, his dog, Poppy and his cat, Mr. Biggles in an old farm house in Morell, PEI.