Dominion First Vice-President
Bruce Julian is a past Vice-President of the Legion’s Dominion Command. He is Chairman of the Dominion Command Membership Committee.
A member of the Beachville Branch #495 northeast of London, Ontario since 1977, he has been active in Legion work ever since. Over the years, he has served in various positions at the Branch, Zone, District, and Provincial Command levels.
- Elected Dominion Vice-President in 2016.
- Past Chairman, Dominion Command Public Relations Committee.
- Awarded the Life Membership Award in 2003, and the Meritorious Service Medal in 2011.
- Awarded The Queen’s Golden Jubilee Medal in 2002, and The Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Medal in 2012.
- Served as a member of the 3rd and 4th Battalions of the Royal Canadian Regiment.
- Educational experience includes a diploma in Agricultural Business Management from Centralia College of Agricultural Technology, and graduation from the Fire Services Officer Training Program at the Ontario Fire College.
- Director of the Upper Thames River Conservation Authority.
- Past Director and past Chairman of the local Co-op.
- Past member and past Chairman of the Beachville Cemetery Board.
- Former Township Councilor for six years.
- Retired as Captain of the Beachville Volunteer Fire Department after 32 years of service.
- Along with his wife Darlene whom he met at a Legion District Convention, owns and manages a 350-acre crop farm in the Oxford County area of Ontario.
- Enjoys reading and traveling to remote areas, and spending time with his two children and three grandchildren.