The Royal Canadian Legion National Headquarters is seeking
The Royal Canadian Legion is looking to hire a Systems Administrator. Located out of the National Headquarters in Kanata, the Systems Administrator will work closely with the IT Manager to ensure the stability and resiliency of our systems. The Systems Administrator will research and propose changes to ensure the Royal Canadian Legion stays within current best practice.
- First level contact for technical support.
- Responsible for configuration, installation, and support of laptops, thin clients, and various peripherals
- Responsible for maintaining Windows Server environment, including Active Directory, Group Policy, file servers, print servers, and terminal servers
- Responsible for maintaining our VoIP system
- Responsible for maintaining our VMWare/Hyper-V environment
- Responsible for maintaining backups, planning for disaster recovery and business continuity
- Responsible for developing and maintaining IT related documentation
- Plan and propose infrastructure changes based on current best practice
- Other duties as required
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in computer technology or equivalent experience
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work the odd evening or weekend to repair critical systems or perform upgrades outside of business hours
- 3+ years of desktop support experience.
- Experience with Windows Desktop Operating Systems (Windows 10)
- Experience with Windows Server Operating Systems (Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2019)
- Experience with Office 365 (Exchange Online, Teams, SharePoint)
- Experience with routing, switching, and firewall configuration.
- Experience with Active Directory, RDS, File Servers, and Print Servers
- Experience with SAN technologies, backups, and disaster recovery
- Experience with managing VoIP phone systems
- Experience using PowerShell to automate tasks
- Strong understanding of Virtualization, specifically VMWare.
This permanent, full-time position offering a competitive salary and benefits package, including a defined benefit pension plan, will commence no later than 3 January 2023. Interested? Then let us know with your resume and letter of interest to the Director Corporate Services at email@example.com by 9 December 2022. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted